Lawn Mower Buyer’s Guide
Nothing indicates hospitality best like a healthy and even looking lawn. But this pleasant looking grass takes some work to achieve. It takes the right equipment and the right weather – but you can do something about the weather. There are several benefits of having a great looking lawn. Among them is the effect on your health in addition to the appealing look.
The dark green color and the even cut has a positive impact on your psycho-emotional state. The sight of the lawn as you drive to the garage is comforting. But before you can start getting the benefits, you need first to choose the right machine for the job. You can also find more info at this cutting grass – informational guide page.
The Different types of Mowers
- The Reel Push
These are some of the oldest varieties that your great-grandparents were fond of. It is a pioneer in lawn mowing. But even with the invention of engine mowers, their popularity did not diminish because of their simplicity and low price.
Reel push mowers are easy to use, quiet, environmental-friendly and quite portable. If you want to keep it down in the morning not to wake the neighbors, you have a great partner in this mower.
- Electric Lawn Mowers
This is another eco-friendly version, easy to use, and more convenient than most. You may want to choose the cordless ones if you want an extended reach – this would mean going with the battery-powered mower.
- Gas-Powered Mowers
These are the most powerful that can help you mow that steep hill in your backyard. However, all this dynamism comes at a cost. They are more expensive, require a bit more maintenance, and they don’t know how to keep it down – they are fond of announcing to the entire neighborhood that you have decided to cut yourself some grass.
Things to Know when Choosing a Lawn Mower
- Quality build is always the first thing to look out for when choosing a lawn mower. A suitable body material and quality blade give you a considerable number of service years maintaining the lawn.
- Choosing a mower with an adjustable blade height affords you more control on the grass height. The importance of this can change the height and overall appearance at will.
- And the availability of servicing is critical. This would save some significant amounts sending your machine across the ocean just because a gear has malfunctioned.
- A grass collector makes cleaning the grass easy. Ideally, the plastic is preferable as they are easy to clean and move around. Fiberglass is another good option, but you may need to use a vacuum cleaner on it.
- Bigger and stronger wheels provide the traction, stability, and mobility to mow the grass efficiently. Whatever you do, resist the urge to choose plastic wheels. They may look appealing but are not strong at all.
Depending on the size of your yard, the right width helps cur grass efficiently. A medium size of 14 inches is not too bad. Buying an excessively big width while yours a small lawn is what we refer to as overkill.